We're proud to be the law enforcement agency for the City of Daytona Beach, Florida since its consolidation in 1926. We serve and protect the 70,000+ people who call Daytona Beach home as well as the millions who visit the World’s Most Famous Beach yearly. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Excelsior-rated member of the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation. Learn more through our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor & Twitter) and our smartphone app for Android and Apple devices.
Why Join Us?
Tourism, Speed Weeks, Bike Week, spring break and a large residential base are among the many challenges we face on a daily basis. The largest municipal police department in east Central Florida provides a unique depth of law enforcement knowledge and skills that are only available here.
Police Officer Recruiting - Sponsorship
Are you interested in a challenging and rewarding career where you have the opportunity to impact people’s lives?
Have you considered being a police officer in the past?
The City of Daytona Beach Police Department is looking for someone like you! The DBPD is a great place to fulfill your career in law enforcement. The Daytona Beach Police Department offers excellent pay and benefits. The Daytona Beach Police Department also provides the opportunity to be a member of a specialized unit including SWAT, Narcotics, Criminal Investigation Division, Police Motors, Marine Unit and K-9 Unit.
Sponsorship Eligibility Requirements:
- Meet the classification of low, or below income based on family size from the chart below, OR be an Honorably Discharged Military Veteran regardless of income level.
- Complete the Police Officer Recruit (Sponsorship) application by going to the City of Daytona Beach Career Portal's website.
- Successfully pass the Florida Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT).
- Must pass full background check, polygraph exam, physical agility test and health physical.
- Successfully complete a panel interview.
- Complete a writing assessment (administered during panel interview).
- May not be an immediate family member of any current Daytona Beach Police Department employees.
|Person(s) Living in Household||Extremely Low||Very Low||Low|
|*Must provide W-2 for income verification or a copy of your DD-214 to verify veteran status.|
Immediate family members as defined by the current Daytona Beach Police Department Bereavement Leave Policy (1226.54): employee’s husband, wife, children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and other persons who are part of the employee’s household.
Applicants who are selected for the Sponsorship Program will be required to sign an agreement with The City of Daytona agreeing to complete 3 years of service as a condition of employment. Sponsored applicants will be paid $14.00 per hour while attending the Basic Law Enforcement Academy at Daytona State College. The applicants Tuition, books, and uniforms will also be provided
Meeting all of the above requirements does not guarantee a sponsorship. There are a limited number of sponsorships available, and limited funding for this program. The length of availability of the Daytona Beach Police Department Sponsorship program will be influenced by budget, need, and position availability.
Please complete the online application by going to The City of Daytona Beach Career Portal's website.
Attach the following documents:
- Birth certificate/Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Highest Educational Diploma
- DD-214 (Prior Military)
- CJBAT results