Household Garbage (includes furniture, appliances and bulky items) The City of Daytona Beach provides residential garbage collection twice a week, either Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday, depending where you live. View this map (PDF) for the pick-up schedule.
- Toters are designed to hold no more than 80 lbs.
- Any excess may be placed in cans, bags, boxes, etc.
- Larger items, which cannot be placed in toters, boxes or bags, may be stacked neatly beside the toter.
- Concrete and heavy construction materials cannot be placed in toters. Removal of concrete may result in additional charges.
- Garbage and household trash put out late on the scheduled day or on a non-scheduled day may result in a special pick up with extra collection costs added to the utility bill.
- Garbage and household trash must be placed curbside, next to your driveway.
- Garbage, junk, and garden and yard trash should never block the sidewalk or be placed on or near storm drains.
Recycled items are picked up once per week, depending where you live. View this map (PDF) for the recycling pick-up schedule.
Yard debris is collected on Wednesday for all residential properties within Daytona Beach.
- Yard trash must be placed curbside, adjacent to your property.
- Grass, leaves and small trimmings must be set out in bags, boxes, or reusable containers.
- Limbs and palm fronds may be stacked in neat piles for collection.
- Limbs must not be longer than 5 feet in length or over 6 inches in diameter.
- Because yard trash is taken to Volusia County's mulching facility, it cannot be mixed with junk, litter or garbage. Keep yard trash in a separate pile to avoid extra charges.